Monthly Archives: January 2018
Gypsy – Zylascope
A Guidebook to Inks, Paints And Functional Inks
The aim of this book is to give a little of the background regarding the making of inks paints and conductive inks and to suggest some possible uses and further experiments for them when applied as thick films and to aid in the development of functional devices based on inks that can be made by the experimenter themselves in their own labs opening up the opportunity for the creation of new inks. [more]
Basic Photo Studio Equipment
Are you interested in setting up your own home or office photography studio? If so, you’ve probably found out that it can be pretty tricky to decide which photo studio equipment you really need. The primary components of a good photo studio are the background, lighting, the camera, plus props and film if you won’t be shooting digitally. Here’s a look at some of the basics.
A good background is extremely important as basic photo studio equipment, since it can be a good complement to your subject, or a real problem. Plain backgrounds, such as seamless paper, are usually preferred. Stick with white as a basic choice, though blue, gray and black are also good. Muslin can also work. When you’re going to roll the background paper to the floor, make sure there’s a smooth curve that will eliminate harsh horizontals. Consider putting paper or tape on the bottom of human models shoes to keep the paper clean. Muslin backgrounds are made of light cotton, can be draped, and have more texture than paper.
Lighting is next most important. You’ll need a minimum of two lights – one for direct lighting and a softer light to prevent harshness. A third light is extremely common. This can be used to edge light the subject, preventing it from blending into the background. Most people start with flood lights, also called hot lights (and they are quite hot!) They cost less and work well with just about any camera. The heat can be uncomfortable, however, and basic fire safety needs to be followed. The bulbs are incandescent, so they need to be replaced fairly often.
Another popular type of lighting used as basic photo studio equipment is the strobe. These flash when you take a picture. Digital cameras are usually connected directly to your studio strobes to signal them to work. If this is not possible, choose strobes equipped with a light sensor that will set them off when the camera flashes. Make sure your camera does not use a pre-flash if you’re going to be using this method, however. It can set your strobes off too early.
A simple chair and some other props are appropriate if you’ll be using mostly human models, but aren’t necessary if you’ll be photographing mostly objects. Choose the camera that’s best suited to your subjects. If you’ll mostly need to take photos of small objects, a camera with good macro settings should be part of your basic photo studio equipment. Most professionals use SLR cameras instead of automatics, since this allows for manual adjustment. However, you should work with the tools you feel most comfortable using.
These are just the basics when it comes to photo studio equipment. There are lots of other options out there, and as you take pictures, you’ll find out which ones are best for you. The best thing you can do is to get started!
When shopping for photo studio equipment there are lighting kits available that are all in one’s to help get you started easily. These lighting kits will often come in the form of continuous lighting which means the scene is always lit in cool to the touch fluorescent light kits with all the lights that you need including a muslin backdrop. There are also stroble flash kits available as well if you’re going to be using an SLR camera that can allow you to sync your lens with the flash. The original “hot lights” or halogen lighting kits are continuous photo lighting kits like fluorescent is but produce a lot of heat and are not nearly as economical to operate as the cool running fluorescent kits are. For photographers just starting out, continuous lighting either in the forms of fluorescent or halogen lights are the easiest type of lighting to work with, simply turn them on and you are free to begin shooting.
Sign up to post in the forum. It’s Free.
Or Log in.
Learning is something which purely depends on the will power and the firm determination of a person. Nothing can be learned simply by trying, you need to try and try hard in order to get the favorable results. Barely a hardworking soul can make the difficult things possible. A strong and dedicated effort towards your goal can take you to the victory. If you are focused enough towards what you want to learn and how it can be made possible, then there is nothing that can stop you reaching to the target eventually.
There are so many people in this world who wants to learn different different languages. Somebody even learn them just on the name of knowledge or as a hobby. Everybody has to work hard, no matter what used to be the ultimate motivation behind learning. If you are willing to learn Spanish then here is a chance to learn Spanish free, there are so many web sites available on the internet from where you can learn Spanish online. One visit to a site can make the things easier for you. Learn Spanish language by yourself from various websites online. Learning Spanish language is quite difficult but a sincere effort can bring down the burden. There is a need of proper concentration which can decrease the level of stress of learning Spanish language. Most of all prefer to learn Spanish free by going for online.
You can learn Spanish online so easily just like as you are going to any well organized institution. If you keep on concentrating nicely then it wont be a difficult task at all. In fact not only language learning, but everything in this world needs a true conviction towards whatever being done in order to be away from the fallouts. The results used to be enthralling as well if the efforts that are being made from the learning side are strong. As a matter of fact, to learn Spanish language used to be very common approach nowadays. Every other person is being seen in learning Spanish language in one or the other way.
Start your day with a Spanish word of the day and learn Spanish language, and also learn spanish online, five times a week via email! learn spanish free each time you check your email with funny jokes in Spanish.
More Learning Android Studio articles
Sign up to post in the forum. It’s Free.
Or Log in.
How to Create a Mobile Website
Sign up to post in the forum. It’s Free.
Or Log in.
This is the world of Internet and fortunately we are a part of it. We cannot live without Internet today as it has gotten into our lives so much. It has dug deep into our daily routines; it is now a part of our lifestyle and with the facility of Internet on mobile phones, its usage has seen a huge leap in the past few years. The entire idea of designing a Mobile Website came into picture after the usage of mobile phones increased. Businesses and manufacturers found it the best way to reach their target audience, owing to the fact that cell phones are now in every pocket. Hence, the practice of Creating Mobile Sites began there and then.
New Generation phones like iPhone and Blackberry brought a revolution in the mobile industry. Now, one could read and send e-mails with these kinds of Smart Phones. Slowly and steadily, Internet fixed its place in mobile phones and many websites created a version of their website compatible with mobile phones, i.e. a Mobile Website.
And, here we are using the same technology at our comfort as every web page is just a click away. Since the concept of Creating Mobile Sites has started, its popularity and usage has reached new heights. Simultaneously, there has been a considerable increase in local search activity, hence enabling businesses to get maximum visibility and exposure so as to make profit.
The task of Creating Mobile Sites was considered to be tedious earlier, but Mofuse Mobile Website builder has made it extremely easy. This mobile designing software helps in Creating Mobile Sites by mobilizing your feeds. The software is embedded with various features like automatic redirect script, SMS widget, automatic image resizing, and highly compatible .mobi sites. Mofuse gives you the power to customize the logo of you website and numerous other features like adding text, links, RSS feeds, and comments.
Also, Mofuse allows you to change the URL, colors of your text and background. And this is not all as you can also add your logo to make it a default header. So, go for it and create a full customized Mobile Website for your business only with Mofuse mobile designing software.
One of the number one requested features from our tech-savvy fan base was a dynamic Mobile Website that included up-to-date news. To get more information click here: – www.mofuse.com
Sign up to post in the forum. It’s Free.
Or Log in.
What do I need to consider when relocating?
Relocating to a new city or town can mean a big upheaval in lifestyle. Here are 10 things to consider if you’re committed to making the move.
1. You may be leaving friends and family behind, so it’s important that you show willingness to make new friends and establish a social life.
2. If your relocation is not because of a job, then one of your first priorities will be to find employment in your new city.
3. The most important thing to consider when relocating is where you’re going to live. If you already know people in the city, then they could help make the switch easier. Otherwise, you’ll need to go on a scouting mission to find the right part of the area to move to. Temporary accommodation could help buy you more time to find the right place.
4. You’ll need to get to know the area quite quickly, especially if you plan on commuting into work or to and from clients. Getting a feel for the local road layout, train times, and the location of towns you may need to visit could all be invaluable.
5. You will need to change your council tax details, so let your local Council Tax office know when you leave your old home and when you move into the new one.
6. You will need to ensure all your utility providers are notified at least 48 hours in advance of the move, so bills can be redirected and amended.
7. You may also need to redirect your post to your new home. This can be done by downloading a form from the Post Office website.
8. If you have a driving licence, it’s important that you have the documents changed, so make sure you inform the DVLA of your new address.
9. You will need to register with a new doctor’s surgery, so you have a local GP to visit whenever you need medical attention.
10. Likewise, another vital thing to find once you’ve relocated is a new dentist. As with a doctor’s surgery, you’ll want a dental practice that is well-equipped to provide any work or treatments you may need, has lots of experience and can put you at ease when you visit.
For instance, if you’ve moved to Merseyside, you may need to find a dentist in Liverpool or a highly-regarded dental implant clinic.
Chris Mercier Dentists in Liverpool could be perfect if you live in or around the city. They are Liverpool dentists with several years of experience and offer wide range of dental services. So whether you’re looking for a practice for check-ups, a Liverpool Emergency Dentist, or a dental implant clinic, why not visit ChrisMercierDentalPractice.co.uk today?
How to Save a Mobile Dropped in Water
Have you ever dropped your mobile in the sink or the toilet? Did you run through the washer while leaving it in your pocket? Are you swimming while mobile in your pocket? How can you safe your mobile in water, just follow these simple steps.
1. Take it out of the water as early as possible. Cell phones are covered by strong plastic case, but water can enter the phone in a short period of time, perhaps only 10 seconds or less. Try to catch your mobile as early as possible. If you are not successful in catching it in time, your best bet is to remove the battery while it is still under water. Water can easily damage the phone, so try to remove battery as early as possible.
2. Don’t panic. Nothing has happened to your mobile, if you get your mobile out of water in time. So immediately take your mobile out.
3. Next and most important step is to remove the battery. This is one of the most important steps. Don’t waste your time to think about removing your mobile battery or not, just do it fast. When you cut power supply to your mobile phone, you have done your job.Electricity and water do not mix. Many circuits inside the phone will remain accurate provided they are not attached to a power source when wet.
4. If your mobile set is a GSM carrier, then please remove your SIM card. By doing this you can save your important dat as well as your contact list. To some people contact list could be more worth saving than the phone itself. You don’t need to heat up your sim card. Just keep it dry and leave it aside until you need to connect your phone to your cellular network. This important step of removing sim is not applied to CDMA carrier phones.
5. Next step is to dry your phone. Try to remove as much of the water as early as possible, so you can save it from getting into the phone. Vigorously shake your mobile but don’t drop it on floor while shaking it, then use a towel or paper towel to slowly remove as much of the remaining water as possible. Dry the excess moisture by hand.
6. Remove any covers and external connectors to open up as many grooves, crevices, gaps in the phone as possible. Idea is to remove water from every part of your mobile set.
7. You may use vacuum cleaner to remove excess water and dry your set. Try to avoid hair dryer for this purpose, as this may force moisture further into the small components, deep inside the phone. If moisture is driven deeper inside, deep parts and circuits may show corrosion and oxidation as minerals from liquids are deposited on the circuitry. If you are using a hairdryer it may temporary solve your problem, but this will eventually cause component failure inside the phone. In each accessible area use vacuum cleaner for at least 15 minutes and remove all residual moisture. By adopting this method your mobile can get into working condition within just 30 minutes. Don’t hold the vacuum too close to the phone, as a vacuum can create static electricity, which can cause further damage.
8. If you still feel that there is some water inside, then you may go for a substance which has a high osmolality for water to help draw out moisture, i.e this substance can absorb water more quickly. You may use uncooked rice overnight. The rice would absorb any remaining moisture. Instead you may use desiccant. Desiccant can remove moisture better than rice.
9. Now keep the mobile set on absorbent towels, napkin, or other paper for at least one day. Idea is the same, remove excess water and humidity from cell phone. Check absorbent towels, napkin, or other paper every hour for 4 to 6 hours. If you note any moisture again, just go for vacuuming step and desiccant steps.
10. Now you have reached the final step. Test your phone. After twenty four hours, first check it with battery and see if it works. If your phone does not work, check it without battery by plugging it into charger., if this works, you need a new battery. If not, take your mobile to an authorized dealer. Sometimes they can remove the problem. Please tell them what actually has happened with your mobile.
All About HDTV and HDTV Programming
Standards have changed. Years ago, people marveled at the radio broadcasts that were transmitted into their homes. As televisions became popular, everyone was satisfied with the fuzzy black-and-white pictures on their screens. Then most people rejected their old sets once color TVs came onto the market. And now, just when you thought that televisions couldn’t get any better, HDTV comes along and changes everyone’s standards once again. Gone are the days when you could be happy with washed-out colors and a low resolution. Now you want a clearer picture and sharper colors, and you want it all for an affordable price.
HDTV is the newest advance in television technology. A standard television gives you a clear color picture. HDTV gives you an even sharper picture, with deeper color saturation and a high level of contrast. Picture it this way – watching a standard TV is like viewing the world through a dirty windowpane. With HDTV, there is no window. The images on the television screen are as close to lifelike as you can get – that is, without actually getting off the couch and watching real-life images. An HDTV can accomplish this feat with its high resolution; a million pixels, often more, combine to create a brilliant picture that will wow any viewer.
But technology always comes at a price. You will pay more for an HDTV set. Fortunately, prices are falling every year. Five years ago, most people were priced out of the HDTV market. Today, an HDTV is the affordable luxury on everyone’s wish list.
Unfortunately, technology is never easy. Owning an HDTV does not guarantee you the whole high-definition experience. First, you will need a high-definition cable or satellite box. This sends the HD channels to your television; without one, you can only watch standard programming. Second, you will need high-def channels. Your cable or satellite provider offers a line-up of HD channels, though the number of available HD channels is nowhere close the number of available standard channels. Third, you will need an HD show or movie. Not all shows broadcast on an HD station are necessarily high-definition; news programs are often broadcast in standard-definition, as are most daytime programs. If you are watching a standard-def show, you may see a black bar on either side of the screen. Also, since you are watching a standard-def show on a high-def screen, the picture will not be nearly as clear or as sharp as with an HD program. Only when you have all three elements – an HD box, channel and show – can you experience television like never before.
The most popular types of high-definition televisions are the flat-screens, and for good reason. LCD and plasma TVs can fit into the smallest of spaces, a plus in most homes. Many rear-projection TVs are also HD. Often cheaper than LCD and plasma, rear-projection TVs come with incredibly large screens, a good option for a home theater. Some direct-view CRT TVs are also high-definition. It may be big and cumbersome in a small space, but a CRT is a good buy for the cash-strapped shopper.
When you are out shopping for an HDTV, don’t worry about the resolution numbers. All HDTVs have a high enough resolution to please even the most discerning television viewer. Just don’t forget to stock up on your favorite DVDs. Movies have never looked quite as good as when they are played on an HDTV.
Read more articles and get HDTV programming at http://www.recommendedreseller.com