Have you ever dropped your mobile in the sink or the toilet? Did you run through the washer while leaving it in your pocket? Are you swimming while mobile in your pocket? How can you safe your mobile in water, just follow these simple steps.
1. Take it out of the water as early as possible. Cell phones are covered by strong plastic case, but water can enter the phone in a short period of time, perhaps only 10 seconds or less. Try to catch your mobile as early as possible. If you are not successful in catching it in time, your best bet is to remove the battery while it is still under water. Water can easily damage the phone, so try to remove battery as early as possible.
2. Don’t panic. Nothing has happened to your mobile, if you get your mobile out of water in time. So immediately take your mobile out.
3. Next and most important step is to remove the battery. This is one of the most important steps. Don’t waste your time to think about removing your mobile battery or not, just do it fast. When you cut power supply to your mobile phone, you have done your job.Electricity and water do not mix. Many circuits inside the phone will remain accurate provided they are not attached to a power source when wet.
4. If your mobile set is a GSM carrier, then please remove your SIM card. By doing this you can save your important dat as well as your contact list. To some people contact list could be more worth saving than the phone itself. You don’t need to heat up your sim card. Just keep it dry and leave it aside until you need to connect your phone to your cellular network. This important step of removing sim is not applied to CDMA carrier phones.
5. Next step is to dry your phone. Try to remove as much of the water as early as possible, so you can save it from getting into the phone. Vigorously shake your mobile but don’t drop it on floor while shaking it, then use a towel or paper towel to slowly remove as much of the remaining water as possible. Dry the excess moisture by hand.
6. Remove any covers and external connectors to open up as many grooves, crevices, gaps in the phone as possible. Idea is to remove water from every part of your mobile set.
7. You may use vacuum cleaner to remove excess water and dry your set. Try to avoid hair dryer for this purpose, as this may force moisture further into the small components, deep inside the phone. If moisture is driven deeper inside, deep parts and circuits may show corrosion and oxidation as minerals from liquids are deposited on the circuitry. If you are using a hairdryer it may temporary solve your problem, but this will eventually cause component failure inside the phone. In each accessible area use vacuum cleaner for at least 15 minutes and remove all residual moisture. By adopting this method your mobile can get into working condition within just 30 minutes. Don’t hold the vacuum too close to the phone, as a vacuum can create static electricity, which can cause further damage.
8. If you still feel that there is some water inside, then you may go for a substance which has a high osmolality for water to help draw out moisture, i.e this substance can absorb water more quickly. You may use uncooked rice overnight. The rice would absorb any remaining moisture. Instead you may use desiccant. Desiccant can remove moisture better than rice.
9. Now keep the mobile set on absorbent towels, napkin, or other paper for at least one day. Idea is the same, remove excess water and humidity from cell phone. Check absorbent towels, napkin, or other paper every hour for 4 to 6 hours. If you note any moisture again, just go for vacuuming step and desiccant steps.
10. Now you have reached the final step. Test your phone. After twenty four hours, first check it with battery and see if it works. If your phone does not work, check it without battery by plugging it into charger., if this works, you need a new battery. If not, take your mobile to an authorized dealer. Sometimes they can remove the problem. Please tell them what actually has happened with your mobile.